Tuesday, April 2, 2019

April

April 1st—April, what a beautiful month you are! You bring hope and beauty in a thousand words… bird wings young feathers new nests life-contained buds that soon will be flowers then leaves then trees fully cladded in ripened beauty.


Today, I was still working in the garden around 6 pm, which means, enough warmth to still be able to stand being outside at this time of day and extended daylight. What a delight! 


I’m working on the pond, spreading life around it, transplanting irises and Creeping Jenny to this area. I have also planted a clematis in that certain corner behind the pond to cover fences and increase beauty. Another clematis was planted on the opposite side of that same fence.


April 2—it rained all day today, and it was so cold again that I was forced to remain inside, 


...all the while nurturing my desire to go out and plant that Miss Kim lilac, I bought last weekend and still haven’t plant it. The extra two clematis from yesterday’s package will also have to wait to be planted, and so is with that lovely package of dahlias… a dozen of them I think! Dahlias that I’m still debating where to plant… in mom’s little garden? Perhaps in the rotunda in the center of the garden? Or among the roses on the western side wall, by our bedroom? 

What a delicious thing is to only have to worry about such banalities and the pleasure they provide. How lucky we are to live where we live. I’ am thankful to the bottom of my gypsy heart! Let me encourage you to get up every day and focus on what you do have in life. Be thankful for the blessings of the little things, even when you don't get what you expect. Life is a lot worse for many people around the world. 


All of the annual flowerpots I have been nurturing throughout the winter are back inside. I’ve been acclimatizing them little by little each day by taking them outside and then bringing them back in at nightfall and out again the following morning, but they have remained inside today… just like me.


My little creature friends, the ones who live with me inside the house are doing splendidly. 


The other day while shopping, the Fisherman surprised me with the most precious little thing ever! My newly adopted girl-planter here! Which, I’ve named none other than "Frida Sofia", of course!

She has christened herself “Queen of my planters”, thought, and I didn’t mind her changing her name in the least.... because I totally love her and she deserves that title! 


She lives among geraniums in my house, but if you like her too, you can find more of her at TJ Maxx!  She's there, along with some other lovely planters I should also bring home!


I'm spending my day, doing this...


Watching the sky turn cerulean pink from behind the window, listening to the courting songs of mourning doves outside, while the soft music of my favorite hymns plays inside... a heart full of thankfulness lips whispering words of praise mind attuned with our Creator thankful hopeful faith-reposed heart. 

Be blessed my friend! Look around you.... magic is everywhere!



3 comments:

  1. I worked outside all weekend. Now it is raining again. I love that it is watering all the plants, but I miss working outside.
    I love your new planter. What a sweet hubby to get that for you. I haven't been to TJ Max this spring. I bet they do have a lot of lovely things there. I truly am thankful, grateful and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is really showing up already.
    love the planter. How sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all face planters and see a trip to TJMAXX in my near future!
    Gorgeous pictures. My garden that I've been thinking of starting has to consist of plants and flowers that can handle the brutal intense Texas heat.

    ReplyDelete