Saturday, December 28, 2019

Life memories

And thus we waited for days to come and before you know it they are upon us… days come and just with the swiftness in which they come, they are gone too… gone in a blink of an eye, leaving us with only memories of what they brought, to add to the treasure-house of our heart… 


We all waited for this special day, and now our youngest child had become a married man.  And we have gained a new daughter...


Back at home, days are short. Mornings dark, evenings cold, and the white doves came by the other day.  To the garden.  For just a few minutes.  What tells me that these beautiful creatures are still calling this old garden their ‘home’.  Home in the big bushy pine at the end of the garden.  I so wish I had planted more of these giant evergreens.  One or two Blue Spruce and a Japanese Umbrella pine.  The story would had been so different had I chosen a few pines in my landscape for a natural privacy barrier. As it is around here every winter, the few trees that pose as barriers have thinned out; bared branches exposing open spaces, and the privacy of our summers are gone.  That two-story house on the other side of the fence, what an eyesore it’s always been.  


These days of remembrances and flu season, I am spending my hours sitting in this corner; drinking in the rays of sunshine that, on those special winter days, like today, shine through my window.  Observing and listening to the birds.  The ones that always stay behind and are left to confront the harshness of winter days.  One just has but admire these insignificant little creatures of the air. 


The geraniums are all in bloom and so is the delicate paperwhite narcissus.

 

I love to sit here with my books and a cup of coffee and just enjoy the small, but significant things of life.  These are the true blessings of winter.


Plants that gift you with the green our souls crave and the energy our bodies need. 

 
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness. And this is my little winter forest right here! 

 
I love plants.  I remember my childhood names for grasses and secret flowers. I remember where a toad may live and what time the birds awaken in the summer -- and what trees and seasons smelled like -- how people looked and walked and smelled even. The memory of odors is very rich.


How lucky we are in these natural delights that lie ready to our hands! Every season and every plant offer changing joys.


When mid afternoon sun hit this spot, everything turns sparkly golden

 
I am happy, I have been down with the flu twice since the last couple of weeks.  I feel spaced-out, my mind feeble, my body weak, I am blessed, I am surrounded in light. I have to go back to my new job on Monday and I expect more light for 2020, more hope more peace… a different kind of peace.  Because of the empty tomb, we have peace. Because of His resurrection, we can have peace, and because of His promise of a return to this earth, we can be assured that something marvelous is coming.   

Much blessings to you, and yours for this 2020!




No comments:

Post a Comment