Wednesday, December 18, 2019

The Wedding

We are getting ready for a very special occasion... a very special wedding to attend this saturday...


so I've been very busy trying on a gazillion of dresses and pretty things to wear...


it hasn't been easy... for nothing looks good enough not pretty enough not comfortable enough


...when you reach a certain age, nothing looks the same on you anymore, and although one may feel the same inside as when you were younger, one must never forget that things have changed on the outside.  And thus, we must protect your self-esteem, be comfortable in our own skin, still be you, be yourself, but without losing sight of one’s dignity and respectability.


when you still want to feel pretty wearing the outfits you chose to wear on this 'new' you, things can get even tougher... old lady's clothing are not what I call pretty, or what can make one feel pretty in it… but then again, our bodies are not the same any more, and it is hard to find something pretty that can still make you look pretty and decently dressed for your age at the same time…

so, after much trouble, and much more that I wanted to spend I found my princesses’ dress... I am happy with it... maturity, confidence, and wisdom are what I want to portray. These are in fact a lot more valuable than physical beauty…. Still…





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cielo! You can never be anything other than gorgeous... inside and out.Have fun at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to this post! I'm 60 now and am really feeling the need to "tone it down", but I still love the same clothing I've always worn. Sometimes I think "don't care what others think", but then I don't want to be a distraction or embarrass my kids! Ay! Anyway, have a wonderful time and I hope you will post a photo of you from the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to know exactly what to wear, but now..I'm not sure.
    A grandchild's wedding in 2018 brought on a shopping day and I got the perfect, low-key, top and long skirt and purse and shoes.
    It was so great that I wore it to another grandchild's wedding this year in May and in 2020 I have another grandchild's wedding and I'll wear it to that one too. I don't think anyone will remember that I've worn it before and you know what? I really don't care if they do. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the wedding went well. You are, and shall always be, the epitome of feminine loveliness. Have a happy 2020.

    ReplyDelete