Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Life in quarantine

Nature had been having some odd tantrums of lately—rain for days, on days that never used to get rain, or being rained before like what we'd been seeing... winds; winds that are blowing furniture and things around for miles away with sometimes hail and strange sounds outside. 


This old world is talking to us... it's been telling us something, like some broad-castings that the universe wants us to hear...


Thus, not much have I been accomplishing in the garden these days, doing things only whenever the weather allows it, working between sunshine ad sunshine, between little instances of warmth and so on…  but the garden is already looking so pretty, and the grass is so green. 


Every rose bush is putting precious new leaves that are wine in color at the beginning until they turn green and strong and later form a bud, or many buds.

So, I’ve been quarantining myself for days; mainly cleaning inside, washing clothes and decorating the house using things I already have… I just get bored seeing the same thing for days and days.  Does it ever happen to you?   


I'm getting tired of the color orange and all the many arts on walls, and as the days go by I'm more and more inclined to soothing neutrals, so this room will be changing real soon...


And cooking… I’ve been cooking our three meals every day too; putting up more weight to the extra winter pounds I have been carrying with me since we moved here—which I can never seem to lose after winter is gone and also trying to add a lot of veggies and fruits to our diets too, to perk our immune systems.  Why did I accepted moving back here anyways?  Love.  It had to be a love thing. Or a thing of love.



Yesterday morning we went by the office and I brought home all my plant babies.  Had they missed me?  Cause I know I have missed them terribly, thus I brought then home with me so I could take care of them and enjoy them here… 


We don’t know exactly when we’re going back or when our office will be opening its doors again, and the Fisherman and the rest of the supervisors, vice presidents and such are meeting twice every day by phone working on things and planning for the future of our company, employees benefits and such.  We’re living on such tremendous times for sure.   Be safe my friends, take courage and if you have to hide, hide under His wings. 

“To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling... She has been placed here to help to enrich, to protect, and to guard the home--which is society's basic and most noble institution.”
― Spencer W. Kimball




6 comments:

  1. Qui in Italia è un incubo. Io ho ripreso il lavoro lunedì, la nostra ditta fa parte dell'agroalimentare. Siamo coperti da mascherine, guanti,disinfettante. Si, è un tempo terribile, che Dio ci aiuti. Io prego ogni giorno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. è un tempo terribile, che Dio ci aiuti.

      Abrazo

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. I change things up in my home all the time, too. I think it's nervous and creative energy. Your plants are all so beautiful and I know they're happy in your beautiful home.

    You're not the only one that has put on a few pounds over winter...I struggle with that, too. It's easier for me to eat lighter in the warmer months and to get more exercise, too.

    What a beautiful quote you ended your post with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are really living strange an difficult times. Mother Nature wrned us an d we didn't want to listen, the only way is confine and force ourselves to change our terrible way of life.
    Here the situation is catastrophic, you can only leave the house in exceptional cases and with a mask and gloves.
    The police stop you and you have to justify where you are going ... horrible!

    I would never have believed that we would reach this situation, the entire planet ...

    Wishing you the best, love from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sandra... things are terrible everywhere, but I know that things have taken a toll in Spain... take care dear friend... be safe be blessed.

      Cielo

      Delete