Saturday, April 4, 2020

Earthquake

I Feel the Earth Move—remember that old song? Well, I did my friends… I felt the earth trembling shortly before 6 p.m., last Tuesday, and it was the most bizarre and terrifying feeling ever…

I was sitting on my bed texting and laughing with my kids over the phone—the whole crowd of them, including daughters in law, my sister and my friend Christ, when all of a sudden everything started shaking… the bed, the walls, the widows on my right side of the bed; everything was moving... or shaking or rumbling... 


I looked outside and wondered it perhaps it was the wind; the wind that had been blowing all day since early that morning, because it had been somewhat stormy and still at that hour of the day the sky was heavy with rain and the atmosphere was gloomy and it felt dark all over, but no, it wasn’t the wind shaking windows and moving my bed.  


It couldn't be a tornado or a hurricane. Could it?  This is not hurricane country, I thought...  but what was it then.. an earthquake?  It could't be.  Then that’s when I hear the Fisherman coming down the stairs in a hurry... ‘we’re having an earthquake’, he announced and that’s when I entered in panic mode.

And indeed, it was an earthquake!  And not a little one — a 6.5 magnitude. It was centered below the Sawtooth Mountains about 80 miles northeast of where we live, but it rattled the state capital for a fraction of a minute, which to me it felt more like half an hour or so...

Freighting things are happening.  The spirit of God is being withdrawn to awaken humanity.  All these things that are going around our world are making me very nervous and shaky and my mood is very fragile these days, in the sense that I cry easily, and explode easily or don’t seem to have much patience with those around me...

The fact that it’s still so very cold around here and this insufferable wind keeps beating things up and beating my soul without stopping, it’s taking a toll on me... on my quarantine soul.  Can I at least go out into my own garden where perhaps I can be spared from getting this monster of a virus that’s affecting so many, and work the soil with a decent sun shining down on my back and no wind to hurt my ears and throat... my poor bones can't take this for much longer. 


I’m tired of being sequestered in the house, tired of fear, of not being able to go out to shop for food and if I do then learning that someone in that particular store was contagious and now they are closing, tired of not being able to even go outside to my garden... and blah blah blah... ok, I’m tired.

4 comments:

  1. Quansco vai a fare la spesa devi assolutamente indossare la mascherina protettiva e i guanti usa e getta. In italia è così.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Il mio nome è Antonella, la stessa del messaggio precedente.

      Delete
  2. We must live close to each other, because we really felt it here, too! At least hubby did ~ I was ~ er ~ a little busy, and never really felt it! Found some things up in the studio knocked awry ~
    Eagle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you must be tired and anxious but please feel some joy in the knowledge that your beautiful blog and pictures spread a sprinkle of beauty in times like this and any distraction is welcome. Take care and God bless. From the UKx

    ReplyDelete