Saturday, October 17, 2020

October

October, what is it in you, what magic you bring with you to send my heart aglow?  You bring a quiet peacefulness to the garden, and even amid world chaos, you bring days of relieve.  You bring us outside and let us sit under the umbrellas of a gentle sun, feeling only peace...  


I wear my flowery skirts and sit under your spell...


Warm mid-day breezes, cool mornings and delicious evenings, insects have moved away 
and you brought to the garden the perfume of late blooms again.  


What is it not to love about you, October! Even your name is lovely— October!  
It is no wonder I was born cradled in your arms. 



Lemon mint is sweeping floors with spices and one of the clematis is in bloom for the first time.  

And all those rose bushes I thought I'd never see a rose on them again, have forgiven me, and they have forgiven Nature's demise of the early months and have, once again, put forth their flowers.




They have gifted me their jewels again, right the end of the season, just to remind me that hope always triumphs and that life is precious and it is worth of living. 



I have always been enamored of October.  It is the perfect season and the perfect lover of the heart.  If I could I would make me a home in October, I would call it by name and made me a crown with its jewels.  I am an October child.  



Roses at the end of the season is a gift from above.
Oh, but everything else is too...  

“In the entire circle of the year there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October, when the trees are bare to the mild heavens, and the red leaves bestrew the road, and you can feel the breath of winter, morning and evening—no days so calm, so tenderly solemn, and with such a reverent meekness in the air.” Alexander Smith



Enjoy each and every little miracle call blessings,
my friend!



3 comments:

  1. Anch'io amo ottobre, sono nata ad ottobre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What roses do you have planted? They are loaded with many blooms at once! Mine only have one or two blooms at a time. I planted them a year ago. Any suggestions? thanks! Lesa

    ReplyDelete