Saturday, November 2, 2019

At home

When you don’t get to savor your home all day long any more like it used to be with me before I went back to a normal full-time job life, then something inside you change.  Your home becomes your fortress and a lifesaver during the weekends.  It is the nest you want to cozy up and embellish and just be every hour.


So what do you do?  I had to do some type of embellishing this weekend; something to make me happy and remind me that home is where my heart truly belongs… 


 The bed got moved along the wall to make room for pillows… lots of pillows!


 Then you hang a mural on the wall to give the idea of a large piece of art!


Add flowers... lots of flowers; silk fresh not so fresh dried!


And bring in as many houseplants as you want for that splash of green! 


And of course, don't forget your fairy lights!


In whatever manner you prefer!


 I love this little 'Christmas tree' here.  It is actually a dried Mandeville plant I kept.  I added lots of Christmas ornaments to it and wrapped it with fairy lights and alas... it remains light up throughout the entire year!


The vines haves lost its leaves, and are now exposing their fruits for birds to find them and feed from them.  I am eagerly waiting for the Northern Flickers to find the garden and find the grapes, for these birds are avid eaters of grapes… grapes so perfectly ripen under the winter sun, that they turn into raisings on their very branch.  


It is so hard seeing the garden fallen asleep, as it is right now.  And there’s this special king of a magical quietness all around, that I just love. If I am lucky, I still have a few minutes of light when I get back home. I go out in the garden to see the sun falling behind the horizon, bathing the earth in magical pink tones, and I stand still in the middle of my garden… just listening, just meditating on this sacred silence encompassing it and filling it with every blessing.  It is truly magical, and a jewel to my heart—the autumnal garden.

2 comments:

  1. Your home is always so beautiful. I just read this post and the previous one...I see you've started an office job. You don't sound too happy about it. Doesn't sound like this is what you're meant to do. You don't have anything to prove to anyone. Self-worth comes from within. If you're not happy with that job and you are exhausted, then perhaps it's best to leave. Meditate and pray about it. You'll know in your heart what is the right decision.

    xoxo
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what Melanie said.
    and,,you sound tired.

    ReplyDelete