Saturday, April 11, 2020

Our wounded world

Working working working—inside and outside.  That’s pretty much how I’ve been spending my days lately.  When I finally get to go to bed, not only my entire achy body is screaming at me, but my brain, too, shouts for rest.

Sometimes, sleep is hard to come by, and even when my own tiredness finally takes me out of my miseries, my sleep and dreams are sorts of a bumpy ride, and I’d wake up in the middle of the night in fear... fear of the dark, the night, the ghosts that won’t sleep in my own heart.    

I guess it had to do something with the days we’re living and the angst the daily news puts in my heart and soul, the cry of our precious blue world wounded and suffering.

Yesterday, we finally risked venturing out to go buy some food.  It was such a strange and sad feeling seeing how much our dear world had changed during these past weeks.  Everyone was wearing their protective masks and gloves—like if our world itself had been wounded and it was sick and dying; everyone walked in a fast-worried pace, each one evading each other, running away from other human beings, who must probably were feeling as worried and scared as those they were running from... how sad, how very sad everything looked and felt to me. 

When we finally got back to our car, I burst into tears, for in my mind all of a sudden, the vision of a wounded world was too much for my soul to bear. In my mind I saw this beautiful world that God created with so much love and pride, as a human being now bedridden by death; a human watching helplessly as parts of his own body deteriorated and died... for we are all parts of one same body. 

My houseplants have been my salvation. They comfort me and give me the peace I crave in amidst the chaos we’re living.  I find God among my plants, and thus, this past week I decided to transform a small space by my kitchen into a solarium...  


One afternoon, I broke into panic... I cried and cried and I needed to go out... needed to get lost in a green lush world outside this world... I could tell I was worrying the Fisherman, but thankfully he knew exactly what to do with me, so he drove me to nearest Lowe's where I selected a few large potted plants to bring home... 

My entire mood changed immediately. Dark thoughts and feelings of despair melted away as I walked the gardens at Lowe's and among the many beautiful potted houseplants.   

When we got home, I immediately got to work. I moved things around and re-potted some of my old plants, I divided and replanted the old geraniums and moved them out, I broke a clay pot and made a huge mess, part of the rug got soiled and had to be cleaned out, I found the package of Spanish moss I’d been saving for something, and made little arrangements with it, making an extra amount of mess everywhere.  I had to vacuum again, and again and I found the most beautiful plate that I had forgotten I had, among my boxes of things I keep in the garage and then, I placed my rock collection in it...

 


I moved some of my favorite arts to this area and filled the space with organic things and details from Nature that I brought in from outside... a bird's nest with some eggs resting on it, my favorite fairy statue, pine-cones and fairy lights and a hung up a wreath covered in fake vines over one window...



I kept arranging and rearranging things until I was pleased...


Finally, I worked on embellishing the light fixture.... and made it into a natural chandelier of sorts... 


Using grasses I had brought from the desert during our camp-outs, and vines... 


I thinking I also need to see some long Spanish moss hanging from there...

But otherwise, I love it so much!


My Mona Lisa is smiling down at me...
and at everything I've done here! 


I think she likes it! 


When I was done it was almost midnight. I was very tired, but I felt happy and excited about the prospect of waking up the following morning to my beautiful new solarium...

Please, take care of yourselves dear friends, and may our Heavenly Father heals His wounded sad world soon.

Much love






5 comments:

  1. Ti auguro un sereno giorno di Pasqua, cara Cielo 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cielo, no sabes cómo te comprendo. Llevo un mes sin salir de casa, me aterra la idea de ir a comprar algo, mi hermana y mi cuñada son las que me hacen el favor de comprar por mí, no soporto la idea de no acercarme a la gente, de huir...sólo mis plantas y la paciencia de mi marido evitan que me vuelva loca.
    Espero que nuestro mundo vuelva a ser lo que era pronto.

    Un abrazo y todo mi amor desde España.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son dias dicifiles... pero la fe nos sostendra. Cuidate mucho querida amiga.

      Bendiciones

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. What is the name of the plant in front of the Mona Lisa? I've heard it called Naked Lady and Walking Sticks.

    ReplyDelete